Tiny Pretty Things is an intense drama series that is ideal for binge-watching and involves crime, secrets, and strong competition. The same-titled novel by Sona Charaipotra and Dhonielle Clayton was adapted for the show by Michael MacLennan.
The narrative centers on Neveah Stroyer (Kylie Jefferson), who receives a full scholarship offer to the esteemed Archer School of Ballet in Chicago. Neveah finds out that the dancer who was supposed to replace her has fallen from a four-story building and is now in a coma as a result of being attacked.
Netflix presented the first season of this original series, which consists of 10 episodes, in the middle of the year 2020. After the abrupt conclusion, viewers are left wondering when the next season will air. Check out the details we currently know about Tiny Pretty Things’ second season.
Tiny Pretty Things Season 2 Renewal Status
Fans have grown impatient with the lengthy wait for Tiny Pretty Things renewal news. Unfortunately, no such announcement will be made in the future. This is because any lingering uncertainty has been dispelled by the boiling monster. The single season of the program was cut short. Season 2 of Tiny Pretty Things won’t start airing anytime soon as a result. Additionally, it did not offer a plausible justification for the abrupt project termination.
In particular, Netflix didn’t make the decision to discontinue Season 3 of the show known to viewers. Brennan Clost, though, confirmed it in a YouTube video that he posted. The actor also gave an explanation for the squad’s decision to go unannounced.
Netflix, he said, would not comment because its content is ageless. Upon learning of the show’s cancellation, many fans may have chosen not to watch even the pilot. Brennan claimed that as a result, the performers and the official crew had comparable intimate discussions about it. This indicates that there won’t be any more episodes of the second season added to Netflix.
Tiny Pretty Things Season 1 Recap
Tiny Pretty Things follows the lives of a varied group of teenagers on the verge of adulthood in the very competitive setting of a prominent dance school. Through the perspectives of the school’s patrons, faculty, and students, this show documents the events at a Chicago dancing academy.
Instead of using dance duplicates, the actors in the program dance on their own. The Archer School of Ballet is not only Chicago’s top dance school, but it also serves as a training ground for the highly esteemed City Works Ballet.
Dancers from various socioeconomic levels, regions, and backgrounds are welcome at the Archer School. Despite this, they possess two qualities that very few individuals possess: a unique talent for dancing and a strong sense of togetherness. There is no other way to achieve their objectives.
Read More: When Is Season 2 of “Savage Beauty” Expected to Come Out? Will There Be Another Season?
Tiny Pretty Things Cast and characters
- Brennan Clost as Shane McRae, an openly gay dancer who is secretly sleeping with his roommate, Oren
- Barton Cowperthwaite as Oren Lennox, a dancer who has an eating disorder and Shane s roommate whom he is secretly sleeping with
- Bayardo De Murguia as Ramon Costa, one of the best choreographers in the world
- Damon J. Gillespie as Caleb Wick, a dancer who is secretly sleeping with Monique, the Archer School of Ballet s director
- Kylie Jefferson as Neveah Stroyer, a dancer from Inglewood, California
- Casimere Jollette as Bette Whitlaw, a dancer who is living in the shadow of her older sister, Delia, and Oren s girlfriend
- Anna Maiche as Cassie Shore, the dancer who falls from the rooftop and is in a coma
- Daniela Norman as June Park, Cassie s former roommate, and Neveah s roommate
- Michael Hsu Rosen as Nabil Limyadi a French dancer who is a Muslim, Caleb s roommate, and Cassie s boyfriend
- Tory Trowbridge as Delia Whitlaw, Bette s older sister and a graduate of the Archer School of Ballet; she is living with Costa and is considered a rising star
- Jess Salgueiro as Isabel Cruz, a Chicago Police Department police officer who is investigating Cassie s case
- Lauren Holly as Monique DuBois, the director of the Archer School of Ballet in Chicago, Illinois, who is secretly sleeping with Caleb
- Alexandra Bokyun Chun as Maricel Park, June s mother
- Shaun Benson as Topher Brooks, the ballet master at the Archer School of Ballet
- Michelle Nolden as Katrina Whitlaw, Bette and Delia s mother who is part of the Archer School of Ballet s executive committee
- Paula Boudreau as Selena Covey, Monique s secretary
- Jessica Greco as Torri Fuller, the Archer School of Ballet s resident advisor
- Morgan Kelly as Alan Renfrew, the head of sports medicine at the Archer School of Ballet and Topher s husband
- Clare Butler as Esm Halterlein
- Araya Mengesha as Tyler Stroyer, Neveah s older brother
- Ashley Coulson as Gwen Resnik
- Nicole Huff as Paige Aquino
- Alex Eling as Matteo Marchetti, Bette s love interest
- Daniel Kash as Sgt. Dan Lavery, Isabel s boss at Chicago Police Department
- Luke Humphrey as Travis Quinn
- Josh Pyman as Dev Ranaweera, Shane s love interest
- Erin Pitt as Laura
Tiny Pretty Things Season 2 Expected Plot
The closer the showdown became, the greater the suspense and interest. After waking up from her coma, Cassie started to feel better. When she regained consciousness, she realized that her fall was no longer an accident. Cassie claimed that she was certain that Delia had shoved Cassie. Ramon, who was seeing Cassie, was adored by the latter’s audience. Delia was so overcome with jealousy that she was unable to stand the circumstance any longer.
Amazingly, even after framing Bette, Delia’s mother was aware of the plot and said nothing about it. The conclusion became more thrilling and exciting once Cassie returned to school. The movie’s final scene reveals Ramon’s demise. He was wounded and a sharp knife was buried in his chest.
In season two, we might have discovered who killed Ramon and why. In addition, there are more stories awaiting investigation in the book’s sequel. The sequel to Shiny, Broken Pieces, the first book in the series, will probably serve as the basis for Season 2’s plot.
Read More: The Tailor Season 2: Is There Going to Be a New Season?
Tiny Pretty Things Season 2 Release Date
Both critics and viewers expressed their severe displeasure with the show after its debut, making it plain that they had not enjoyed it and that the audience would not typically accept so much drama based around a straightforward ballet school.
Because of this, the creators of Tiny Pretty Things never even contemplated the idea of a second season. The Netflix provider immediately canceled the show without giving any previous notice or justification.
Tiny Pretty Things Season 1 Rating
Even though Tiny Pretty Things has a huge fan base, some reviewers have been critical of it. The show only received a 53% critical and 52% audience rating on Rotten Tomatoes. The obscenely needless sex scenes in Tiny Pretty Things were condemned for diverting the audience’s attention from the mystery. Because the main characters are young, some people might find the sexual content offensive.
Where can I watch Tiny Pretty Things Season 2?
A second season would have been created and released on Netflix in the same manner as the first.