Theranos is a name that many of us are acquainted with, and despite its damaged reputation in the biotechnology industry, we are also aware of the contributions the firm has made to the globe.
The same-named podcast by Rebecca Jarvis, which centered on the life of Theranos’s founder Elizabeth Holmes, served as the inspiration for this miniseries.
The real-life story of Elizabeth Holmes and her business, Theranos, served as the basis for the narrative.
This episode reveals all of Elizabeth’s lies and the essential difference between science and business. Even though the miniseries was only released this year, it already has a considerable fan base.
The TV show has a very impressive IMDb rating of 7.5, demonstrating that it is well worth viewers’ time. Even the show’s critics can’t help but admire it.
The release of fresh episodes has been highly anticipated by viewers since the first season debuted on Hulu.
The Dropout Season 2 Renewal Status
As of February 2023, The Dropout has not been renewed for a second season. Nevertheless, news regarding extensions should be announced very soon. We’ll probably see Season 2 of The Dropout on Hulu first.
For the most recent details, continue reading.
The Dropout Season Cast
- Amanda Seyfried as Elizabeth Holmes
- Naveen Andrews as Sunny Balwani
- Elizabeth Marvel as Noel Holmes
- Michel Gill as Chris Holmes
- William H. Macy as Richard Fuisz
- Mary Lynn Rajskub as Lorraine Fuisz
- Bill Irwin as Channing Robertson
- Utkarsh Ambudkar as Rakesh Madhava
- Laurie Metcalf as Phyllis Gardner
- Stephen Fry as Ian Gibbons
- Kate Burton as Rochelle Gibbons
- James Hiroyuki Liao as Edmond Ku
- Michael Ironside as Don Lucas
- Hart Bochner as Larry Ellison
- Nicky Endres as Ana Arriola
- Amir Arison as Avie Tevanian
- Bashir Salahuddin as Brendan Morris
- Shaun J. Brown as Daniel Young
- Alan Ruck as Jay Dr. Jay Rosan
- Josh Pais as Wade Miquelon
- Rich Sommer as Kevin Hunter
- Andrew Leeds as Roland
- Sam Waterston as George Shultz
- Anne Archer as Charlotte Shultz
- Dylan Minnette as Tyler Shultz
- Kurtwood Smith as David Boies
- Michaela Watkins as Linda Tanner
- Sam Straley as Christian Holmes
- Kevin Sussman as Mark Roessler
- Camryn Mi-Young Kim as Erika Cheung
- Ebon Moss-Bachrach as John Carreyrou
- LisaGay Hamilton as Judith Baker
- Garrett Coffey as Billy Evans
The Dropout Storyline
Over the course of seven episodes, the miniseries focuses on Elizabeth Holmes and the rise and fall of her company Theranos.
Elizabeth Holmes founded Theranos in 2002 after dropping out of college to pursue her dream of starting a biotechnology revolution.
Following the failure of her previous plan to build a patch that would scan the body for deadly infections and bodily issues, she devised a new scheme that would use a single drop of blood to test for a variety of lethal diseases.
She rapidly gained notoriety as a possible market disruptor as a result of the extensive funding provided by investors and other institutions for her scheme.
The Dropout Season 2 Release Date
Although Hulu hasn’t confirmed anything, we can infer that if the show is renewed, the next episode will air in 2023 or later.
Where Can I Watch the Dropout?
The Dropout is exclusively available on Hulu’s streaming service because it was made specifically for it.
How Many Episodes Are There in The Dropout Season 2?
The Dropout’s creator has made the decision to produce a second season. Then, it’ll likely have at least eight episodes like previous seasons.
The following season will therefore have at least eight episodes.
The Dropout Rating
The Dropout succeeds better as a docudrama than a dark comedy, according to both Rotten Tomatoes and the general opinion among critics, however, Amanda Seyfried’s unnerving portrayal of Elizabeth Holmes helps the movie.
The average rating for the program among critics was 89%, while the average rating among spectators was 72%. According to IMDb, the series will receive a rating of 7.5/10 and about 4.2K viewers.
The Dropout Reviews
Although Elizabeth Holmes’s life story is well known, this series focuses on the determination that let her become a self-made millionaire and guarantee her success no matter what the cost.
Holmes’ contagious enthusiasm attracted me, and I was astounded by her skill in pulling it off.
With all of Holmes’ flaws and eccentricities, the authors are able to make her compelling. Because of how well Seyfried portrayed Holmes, I initially confused her for the real Elizabeth Holmes.
I’m interested to see how deep the show delves into the thoughts of someone whose hopes have been broken and who will use any strategy, no matter how harmful, to succeed in the high-tech corporate jungle.