Yoshitatsu Yamada, Yukiko Side, with Chihiro Amano, are the writers of the forthcoming Japanese comedy-d television series He s Expecting, which is being produced by Yuko Hakoda and Takeo Kikuchi.
A full 24 years after Sex and the City premiered (crossing NYC sidewalks in Manolo Blahniks, of course), Just Like That won our vote for the best television programme of the previous year.
We were utterly engrossed in the revival, which lasted from late 2021 through February 2022, in between the events of Kim Cattrall s departure and the controversy between Steve and Miranda. All of this implies that we are enthusiastic about the prospect of the already agreed second season.
Despite the fact that giving birth is generally a happy event, there are some difficulties that might have a negative impact on a person s life.
Every woman that has gone through the physical pain, emotional misery, and professional challenges of pregnancy has at some point wondered why males don t have to go through this.
The reality of males becoming pregnant and the ensuing emotional, social, and existential whirlwind are highlighted in the Japanese drama He s Expecting, which is available to stream on Netflix.
The show brilliantly defies gender stereotypes and depicts people as unique beings!
With a successful advertising profession and a caring fiance, Kentaro Hiyama happens to be a cisgender guy who has it all. However, his world is turned upside down when he learns, to his surprise, that he s pregnant.
In the Netflix comedy-drama He s Expecting, Hiyama must deal with this novel and unexpected event while battling societal and sexist preconceptions.
He s Expecting, a Japanese comedy-drama series based on Eri Sakai s manga, takes place in a made-up universe where cisgender males have been able to become parents for 50 years.u
Advertising executive Kentaro Hiyama excels at what he does. He is seeing a freelance writer called Aki Seto, but when Kentaro becomes pregnant, life throws him a curveball.
The unexpected obligation causes the expectant father s life to become chaotic as he attempts to handle everything.
He s Expecting the Season 2 Release Date
The community does expect that He s Expecting will return with an additional season even though Netflix and Tokyo TV have not officially renewed the comedy-drama for a second season.
In addition, the series still uses some of the original manga s source material, so it may come back at some point to depict it in live-action as well.
In the manga s follow-up, Hiyama Kentarou not Ninshin Ikuji-hen, also known as He s Expecting: Childcare Edition, we continue the couple s narrative after their baby is born.
There are solid odds that the programme will be extended for a second season if the initial run is sufficiently successful. If a second season is planned, it would probably premiere no earlier than in the middle of 2023.
He s Expecting the Season 2 Cast
- Takumi Saitoh as Kentaro Hiyama: A 37-year-old marketing executive who suddenly becomes pregnant.
- Juri Ueno as Aki Seto: A 35-year-old freelance journalist and Kentaro s lover.
- Mariko Tsutsui as Tomoko Hiyama: The loving, hardworking, overprotective mother of Kentaro.
- Yaeko Kiyose as Young Tomoko
- Ryo Iwamatsu as Mr. Osugi: Kentaro s boss.
- Kazuya Takahashi as Dr Tatsuomi Nakajima: A doctor who specializes in the phenomenon of male pregnancy. He is Kentaro s and Miyaji s doctor.
- Shohei Uno as Miyaji: Kentaro s first real friend and fellow pregnant man.
- Maho Yamada as Noriko Miyaji: Miyaji s thoughtful wife, who gave birth to their first child, Takuya.
- Lily Franky as Eiichi Hiyama: The estranged husband of Tomoko and father of Kentaro, who he gave birth to.
- Kazuki Kawakami as Young Eiichi
- Gaku Hosokawa as Tanabe
- Kou Maehara as Sawabe: Kentaro s coworker
- Yusaku Mori as Endo: Kentaro s coworker
- Ai Yamamoto as Nana Koga: Kentaro s coworker and the only female in his UNIVE team.
- Shima Ise as Matsuno
- Yukiko Shinohara as Eri
- Atsushi Hashimoto as Takagi: Aki s journalist friend.
- Yuriko Ono as Shiori: A friend of Aki s
- Mai Kiryu
- Shigeru Saiki as Hideo Seto: Aki s father
- Toshie Negishi as Yasuko Seto: Aki s mother
He s Expecting the Season 2 Trailer
He s Expecting the Season 2 Plot
The eight episodes of the programme provide viewers with a special chronology of when males may get pregnant. When Kentaro learns that he is pregnant as well as carrying a kid, his whole world changes. He now struggles to go about his regular life while pregnant.
He is discriminated against for being pregnant and is criticised, embarrassed, mocked, and humiliated as a result. Now, people see and treat him differently.
People are now responding differently towards him even at work, particularly after it became apparent that he was expecting a child.
The show also depicts how pregnant women, despite the challenges they encounter, go about their everyday lives and carry out their regular responsibilities.
In the programme, the idea life is a series of unexpected events is presented. Until he became pregnant and a slew of unanticipated events started to happen, cisgender male Kentaro Hiyama believed his life was organised and under control.
- The television series unfolds in a world or, you would say, a future where guys are able to get pregnant and give mother to children. While his companion Aki Seto works as a freelance writer, Kentaro Hiyama is your typical top-salary guy.
Until they both learned that Hiyama was pregnant as well as about to give birth to a kid, their lives were straightforward and uncomplicated.
While they were both surprised, they had to face this hard fact since, on a person’s hand, it seemed inconceivable.
The choice to allow Hiyama to deliver the baby, either way, is where their dilemma began. They must make a wise choice that has no adverse effects on anyone s life while taking into account the attitudes and responses of others to a man s pregnancy.
Hiyama s new adventure begins once he decides to provide birth to the child in order to alter other people s mentalities. I guess it s not as easy as it appears.
The future life of the parents and their newborn kid may be covered if the show is renewed for a second season.
Takumi Saitoh and Juri Ueno will play significant parts in the original comedy-drama series He is Expecting, which will be available on Netflix soon.
Fans cannot wait for the eight-episode series to premiere live on April 21, 2022. Before the Japanese show was released, online users shared their enthusiasm for it on Twitter.