Jwan Yosef broke his silence on Ricky Martin’s nephew’s incest claims hours after the case was dismissed.
“Truth Prevails,” the painter, 37, captioned an Instagram selfie with his 50-year-old husband on Thursday.
View this post on Instagram
Yosef, who shares twins Matteo and Valentino, 13, and Lucia and Ren, both 3, with Martin, last posted to social media on July 11.
The singer, for his part, spoke during a video message Thursday about beginning to heal from the “devastating” allegations.
“For a fortnight, I used to be not allowed to defend myself because I was following the procedure, where the law … obligated me not to talk until I was in front of the judge,” Martin said.
“Thank God these claims were proven false, but I’m visiting to tell you the truth; it’s been so painful … for me, my family, and my friends,” he continued. “I don’t wish this upon anybody.”
Swipe right for English pic.twitter.com/4Q7UOHCi7e
— Ricky Martin (@ricky_martin) July 21, 2022
That same day, the Grammy winner was preparing to testify during a hearing for a protection order filed against him — just for Dennis Yadiel Sanchez to withdraw his claims.
The 21-year-old, the son of Martin’s half-sister Vanessa Martin, alleged earlier this month that he had been during a seven-month relationship with his uncle.
Sanchez also alleged that Martin stalked him at his house once they broke up.
Ricky denied all of his claims at the time, calling them “untrue” and “disgusting.”
“Unfortunately, the one that made this claim is struggling with deep mental health challenges,” Ricky’s lawyer, Marty Singer, wrote in a July 15 statement. “Ricky Martin has never been — and would never be — involved in any quite sexual or romantic relationship with his nephew.”
On Thursday, the “Livin’ La Vida Loca” singer wished his nephew “the best.”
“I wish he finds the assistance so he can start a new life filled with love and truth and joy, and he doesn’t hurt anybody else,” the songwriter said.