A mother denies smoking marijuana in front of her toddler and claims that the only thing she was smoking was CBD oil for her daughter.
The event occurred in a strip mall in Canton, Cherokee County, in March 2021.
Corey Lowe is still trying to understand what happened that evening.
She told FOX 5: “I feel sad and outraged about it.”
According to Lowe, she had just purchased cannabis rescue nasal spray, which she uses to assist her daughter Victoria, who has had seizures since birth, manage them. Then someone rapped on her SUV’s window.
The sheriff claimed your car smelled like marijuana when he parked next to me.
In the case report, Cherokee County Sheriff Frank Reynolds said that he noticed “the overpowering stench of marijuana” emanating from the automobile.
I made an effort to convey that it is CBD.
THC, the primary psychoactive component of cannabis that causes the high, is absent from CBD.
Former DeKalb County and Clarkston police officer Lowe asserts that the medicinal marijuana store was the source of the odor.
The report also claims that Lowe had marijuana cigarettes in her possession, was using them in the car with her kid, and was trying to “destroy” the smokes. Lowe disputes the charge. She maintains that she just used what she had to cure Victoria.
Lowe claims that she feels treated like a criminal and that her kid is upset.
She was being yanked out of her automobile and taken away from her mother by a group of big guys who she didn’t comprehend.
The matter was postponed from Monday’s scheduled court appearance. There hasn’t been a new court date scheduled.
Dangers of Eating Marijuana: Tips for Parents to Avoid THC Poisoning
Most U.S. states now permit the medicinal or recreational use of marijuana (also known as cannabis). Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the hallucinogenic component in marijuana, is thus becoming more widely available as appealing edibles. Unfortunately, so does the danger that these items represent to children who get them of involuntary THC intoxication.
For kids and teenagers, marijuana may be harmful in all of its forms over the long and short term. Because of this, it’s critical for parents to comprehend how much THC is included in edibles and how it affects the body. Parents must also understand how to keep children safe.
What are edible forms of marijuana?
Products made from edible marijuana often resemble typical candies and snacks. Gummy candies, chocolate bars, sweets, lollipops, fudge, and other candies are a few well-known THC-infused goods.
Baked products, snacks, and sweets, including ice cream, popcorn, cookies, brownies, cupcakes
Sodas, and lemonade, are examples of sweetened drinks.
Effects of edible cannabis on kids and teenagers
Despite their unassuming exteriors, a single-pot cookie or candy bar might have a THC content several times higher than the amount advised for adults.
Anyone who consumes a THC edible in its whole, particularly a youngster, may develop overdose symptoms like:
- A change in perception
- Speech slur Poor motor skills
- extreme drowsiness
- Apnea (not breathing for 10 seconds or longer)
- Heart issues
Regular marijuana usage by teenagers might hinder memory, focus, and learning. Additionally, there is a reduced likelihood of finishing high school or earning a college degree.
Regular marijuana usage has also been related to psychological issues, deteriorated lung health, and an increased risk of developing a drug use disorder as an adult. Even marijuana use may affect judgment, coordination, and motor skills. This may increase the risk of unintended fatalities and injuries.
Overdosing and the delayed effects of edible marijuana
THC products for consumption take longer to take effect than marijuana smoking. It just takes a few seconds to minutes to smoke. However, the average time for a THC edible to start working is 30 to 60 minutes after consumption. After ingestion, the impact peaks 3 to 4 hours later.
It’s possible that someone trying THC edibles won’t experience the effects as rapidly as they anticipated. To “get high,” they could consume a lot of it. The result is overdose.